January 2013 State of Texas TravelTex Desktop and Mobile Web Sites
- If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, or make a comment while on the website, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question. We will collect the browser, type, version, platform and user agent information.
- If you enter contact information in the course of ordering items from the site, this information will only be sent to those parties requiring it for delivery, unless you choose to receive additional Texas travel information. If you choose to receive additional information, your address may occasionally be made available to other Texas travel industry organizations.
- If you have supplied your e-mail address and chosen to receive additional Texas travel information, it may occasionally be used to send you a message about something you have expressed an interest in such as an attraction or event. E-mail addresses are not shared with 3rd parties.
- For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
- If you create a user account, information is collected for your personal profile, analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings. Your profile information and trip information will only be visible within your account, unless you choose to share the trip on your personal social media channels. All personal address information will be redacted from any shared user generated content.
- This site provides integrations with third-party websites, such as those of Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. While on these sites, we may collect information about you. Because these platforms are outside of our control, you should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
- This site provides links to third-party websites that are outside of our control. You should review their privacy policies to learn more about how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
- This site may contain links to third party sites not controlled by TravelTex.com, which therefore are not covered by this privacy statement, such as those belonging to Texas Partners and Sponsors. We accept no responsibility or liability for any of the material contained on those servers or the accuracy or legality of information contained on other websites. We recommend that you check the privacy statement of other sites you visit before providing any personal information.
We use log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's running on.
HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
Method - The request method used.
Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
The site also determines the browser type and video resolution that you are using so as to best deliver the sites content for viewing and operation.
The TravelTex.com web site exists in a form that is accessible to a broad range of access devices.
The TravelTex.com web site has been engineered using the recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) including XHTML Transitional 1.0, CSS 2.0, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 as they pertain to the Priority 1 guidelines. This web site meets the definition of generally accessible Internet site as defined in Texas Administrative Code Section 206 - State Web Sites.
The Office of the Governor, Economic Development & Tourism is open to suggestions on how the accessibility of this web site can be improved. Please contact the Web Administrator
to offer suggestions or comments.